mmm.  ok....I had before (though I haven't tried it in a while) successfully
logged on to mine before, so I'm sure it works. Granted, I'm like the Capital
ONe Bank villain, who lives in the dark ages, w TC 4.1.31

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: failing to log on to manager web application

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: failing to log on to manager web application
>
> mine looks like this -- role name params beforehand -- try it
> that way.
>   <role rolename="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="role1"/>
>   <role rolename="tomcat"/>

The <role> elements aren't actually required - Tomcat generates them
automatically and rewrites the tomcat-users.xml file with them at
startup.  The fact that the OP's file has not been rewritten indicates
that Tomcat either didn't read it or the XML can't be parsed.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.