Here is the platform and jvm information.
Tomcat Version JVM Version JVM Vendor OS Name OS Version OS Architecture Apache Tomcat/6.0.14 1.6.0_02-b05 Sun Microsystems Inc. Linux 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 i386

Tomcat is downloaded from apache site.

We use a service script to start tomcat (shown below)

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java
CATALINA_HOME=/home/myapp/tomcat
TOMCAT_USER=myapp

# for multi instances adapt those lines.
TMP_DIR=/var/tmp
PID_FILE=/var/run/jsvc-myapp.pid
CATALINA_BASE=$CATALINA_HOME

source /home/myapp/.bash_profile
#CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/home/jfclere/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native/.libs -Xmx1000m"
CLASSPATH=\
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-logging-api.jar

case "$1" in
 start)
   #
   # Start Tomcat
   #
   $CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc \
   -user $TOMCAT_USER \
   -home $JAVA_HOME \
   -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME \
   -Dcatalina.base=$CATALINA_BASE \
   -Djava.io.tmpdir=$TMP_DIR \
   -wait 10 \
   -pidfile $PID_FILE \
   -outfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out \
   -errfile '&1' \
   $CATALINA_OPTS \
   -cp $CLASSPATH \
   org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
   #
   # To get a verbose JVM
   #-verbose \
   # To get a debug of jsvc.
   #-debug \
   exit $?
   ;;

From: Rizwan Merchant [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Listing of sessions fails in web application manager

But when I click on the session count for my app, I get an error as
below..
*Message:* FAIL - Encountered exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.StackOverflowError

Works fine for me on two different platforms (WinXP and proprietary)
with both JRE 1.5 and 1.6, no special heap or stack settings.

What platform and JVM are you using?  Is your Tomcat downloaded from
tomcat.apache.org, or do you have some 3rd-party repackaged version?
Have you set any command line parameters for the JVM?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.