Pete,

Thanks for the quick response.  Your evaluation is similar to what I have
been saying to my counterparts in regards to load balancing.   The back-end
servers seem to be responding in a timely fashion right now.  We have
performance data from the time period and nothing seems abnormal.  I think
this can be attributed mostly to the increased load, on that that day due to
shift switchover we have about 50% more users.   Wednesday was the most that
we have ever had.  Thanks for the suggestions, you certainly helped me
backup my theory to the powers that be.

Regards,

Sean