On 13 Dec 2007, at 16:35, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Michele Mazzucco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Axis2] FileNotFoundException (SESSIONS.ser)
during tomcat shutdown

Where do I find the <Context> element related to axis2 (which
is a servlet)?

First you said axis2 is a webapp, now you say it's a servlet; I suspect
the former is correct.  A webapp can utilize many servlets, which I
think is the case here.

OK. Axis2 is a web app which includes a SOAP engine (which is a servlet) and an admin page (which is another servlet)

Should it be inside $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/web.xml?

No, the contents of that file are defined by the servlet spec (JSR-154),
whereas the <Context> element is specific to Tomcat.  It can be in
webapps/axis2/META-INF/context.xml or in
conf/Catalina/localhost/axis2.xml; the latter overrides the former if
it's in both places.  (It can also be in server.xml, but that location
should not be used for recent versions of Tomcat.) It may not exist at
all, in which case you'll need to create it in one of the above
locations, with just the workDir attribute.

The relevant doc is here:

Done. The folder is created at tomcat startup but when I stop tomcat it still complains because it doesn't find the file SESSIONS.ser (i.e. the same error occurs). The only workaround is to disable session persistence ($CATALINA/conf/ context.xml).

Michele

 - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e- mail
and its attachments from all computers.