Good CallIf you can upgrade to TC 6 you can use this shared threadPool (being
mindful that you need to configure before Connector)
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/executor.html
In any event the statement of taking tomcat out of the loop requires
clarification
Martin______________________________________________Disclaimer and
confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to
the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature
and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:24:18 +0100> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: Tomcat status 75 error> > Hi Paul,> >
Paul Beattie schrieb:> > Hi,> > > > I have a series of relatively high
transaction volume tomcat servers> > which are sporadically hitting thread
issues. We run with with tomcat> > 4.1.27 at the current time. The behaviour we
notice is after several> > days of around one hundred thousand transactions our
tomcat instances> > hang with the catalina.out message of:> > > > SEVERE: All
threads are busy, waiting. Please increase maxThreads or> > check the servlet
status75 75> > Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone> > > > I've done a quite a
lot of reading on this and in some cases there is an> > indication that moving
to a later tomcat version alleviates the issue. > > However in many others it
indicates that this problem is due solely to> > the code whereby the threads
are not exiting cleanly. We have a classic> > 3-tier architecture and we can
see the db connections closing. I have> > tired reproducing this error on a
tomcat 5 environment and I get a> > similar but not identical error:> > > >
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull> > SEVERE: All threads (15)
are currently busy, waiting. Increase> > maxThreads (15) or check the servlet
status> > If all threads are busy, you can do a thread dump (kill -QUIT) for
the> Java process to find out, what they are actually doing. The result goes>
into catalina.out. A thread dump contains the full stack for each thread> in
the JVM. The Java process will proceed with the usual work after> writing out
the stacks. If all threads are busy, either the load is> higher than expected,
or the things your threads are doing are running> slower than expected. In the
stack you could see e.g. if threads are> waiting for database results etc.> >
The above message also indicates, that you have only 15 threads> configured.
It's quite possible, that this is a somewhat small thread pool.> > B.T.W.:
4.1.27 is a little old. If you need to stick with 4.1, there is> 4.1.36
already. I'm not saying, that an update will help, but it could> be a good
general cleanup thing.> > > The tomcat install continues to function correctly
after this has> > occurred. What I would like to know is do the 2 error
messages> > correspond to the same underlying issue. I strongly suspect it is
an> > application code issue so I would like to be able to count Tomcat out of>