-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Loading multiple versions of the same library

> From: Brian Wawok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Loading multiple versions of the same library
>
> Tomcat 5.0 Server.

Deprecated, but still in common use.  Better if you could move to 5.5 or
6.0.

> Program A is running on server, and needs axis 1.1 as a library.
> Program B is running on the same server, and needs axis 1.4
> as a library.

Make sure the axis jars are not in common/lib, but rather in each
webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.  This gets them processed by separate
classloaders, so they shouldn't conflict.

 - Chuck

Hi,

We are using a very large Enterprise content management system. This version
of the CMS is built upon Tomcat 5.0. It is many months work to convert to a
newer version of the CMS, so we haven't yet. I am not fond of Tomcat 5.0
either, but there is not a choice, the CMS is tied into a modified Tomcat.

Moving the libs to web-inf/lib makes sense, I have a .WAR for each
application, I will just take all axis out of the common/lib and bundle
separately with each program that needs it.

Thanks!