Chris,

  The url is not changed when I point to http://www.mydomain.com/login.html in
browser. The .html is mapped to servlet. I expected it to change to https://....

  So it is not secure to start as http and then switch to https to use the same
http session because session id to visible to man-in-the-middle. Am I right? If
not secure, why is it allowed to be working this way?

  Even start with https, if url-rewriting is used for session
tracking(sessionid in url), it is not secure anymore, right?

  Thanks,
Dave