Here's my problem.

We've been runing an application under Tomcat for 7 years now, but
usually on Linux.  Just now, I have need to run Tomcat as a Windows
service.  I did this by running service.bat, and everything seems to
work fine, except the logging.  The only log files I get are the stdout
and stderr.  None of the logs described in logging.properties, neither
the master one in the conf directory for catalina-log nor the files
described in logging.properties for our application, are created.  When
I don't run tomcat as a service and just start it with the startup.bat,
there's no problem.  When I run it as a service, no logging.  Seached
FAQ, Web, files, etc.  Loggings been working great for the last 2 years.
I'm at a loss.

I'm running 5.5.20. on Windows XP Pro.  I also get some library version
errors in the stdout when tomcat starts up ... SEVERE ... Incomapatible
Varsion of a Tomcat Native Library is installed.  I only get this when
starting as a service.

Kevin Kaderabek
Sr. Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Technical Services