> From: Richard Dunne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I noticed that when I set the CATALINA_HOME evironment
> variable, through the Control Panel, it was not taking
> affect.

Yeah, that's bitten me in the past.  In Windows (to my knowledge):

- User environment variables are read by new processes.  You'd have to start a
new command window to see the change.

- System environment variables are read when the machine reboots.  You'd have
to reboot to see the change.

Anyway, you've done the obvious thing, which is to set the variable in a script
and run the script.  By far the simplest (and safest).  Glad you've got it
working.

                - Peter