Hi there

I am busy implementing an auto update facility for a Tomcat web application.
As part of the auto update process, the auto update code needs to unpack the
changed class files and reload the Tomcat web application.

I am aware that you can configure Tomcat to automatically reload the web
application when class files are changed. I've decided against the use of
this functionality for fear of unscheduled service disruption.

My question: Is recommended way for a web application to apply an update to
itself and restart itself? Is there an API call to reload the current Tomcat
web application from within that application?

Much appreciate

Jamie