Hi

Thanks for the tip. While I am very grateful for your advice, I am not sure
I like either of the approaches. I was hoping just to call a Tomcat API
function directly from my web application. Is'nt there a method called
restart() or something? JMX seems like overkill since I do not need to
control the application remotely. The application doing the calling is the
application that needs to be restarted itself. Any further ideas?

Thanks
Jamie