> From: Stephen Caine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Threads
>
> My question is how to increase the capacity of the JVM to
> handle more threads.

There's no limit within the JVM itself on the number of threads, other
than heap space required to hold the Thread objects.  It's the
underlying OS that imposes the actual limit, including the amount of
process space available for stacks and other thread-specific structures.
If you're not getting an OOME, it's an OS limit that's killing the
process.

> If you have time, what causes a process to generate threads?

This kind of Java code:
   new Thread().run()
(or variations thereof).

What are you really asking for here?