> From: MassimoH [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: NotSerializableException: StandardSessionFacade
>
> I've inherited an legacy Java application and I'm getting
> this error on startup.
>
> - IOException while loading persisted sessions:
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException:

It seems odd to get a WriteAbortedException during startup, since the
session is being read back in.  Regardless, something stored in the
session is not serializable, so it cannot be restored - which is also
odd, since it must have been serializable in order to have been written
out.  Clearing out Tomcat's work directory to get rid of the persisted
sessions should let you get through startup.

If the webapp does actually store something non-serializable into the
session, you can either fix the webapp, or turn off session persistence
for that webapp.  Nest a <Manager> element inside the webapp's <Context>
element, and set the pathname attribute for the manager to an empty
string.  The doc is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.