Take a look at

http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

I found it very easy to use for exactly the kind of problem you described.

P.S. Your eagles are great.

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:53 PM, DIGLLOYD INC wrote:

I'm looking for a very very basic URL-rewriting filter--simple text substitution. I suppose I can write my own since the functionality I need is so limited, but I was hoping there was something built-in in Tomcat.

For past reasons, I get requests that include the path "bike/free". Right now those all 404 into /errors/error404.html. The bike/free requests will probably stay around for years (hundreds of originating links), so I want to permanently map "bike/free" to "diglloyd/free" eg:

   http://diglloyd.com/bike/free/...
to:
   http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/free/...

What's the easiest way to alter any URL containing "bike/free" to read "diglloyd/free"?

Lloyd

Lloyd Chambers
http://diglloyd.com

[Mac OS X 10.5.2 Intel, Tomcat 6.0.16]