Hi

Any more suggestions ?

with regards
Karthik

karthikn wrote:
Hi

 >><distributable/>

I have already added the same in my application's web.xml,
but still no improvement.

with regards
Karthik

Landon Fabbricino wrote:
If I am not mistaken, you will need to add the following tag to your web.xml

CATALINA_HOME/webapps/your_app_name/WEB-INF/web.xml
  <!-- Required for session-replication in clustering mode  -->
  <distributable/>

Landon Fabbricino
IT Applications

Phone: 403.225.7515
Fax: 403.225.7604
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

karthikn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/28/2008 11:34:43 PM >>>

Hi

The Following was done for the Clustering  (2 tomcats )

Values  TOMCAT5523_I    TOMCAT5523_II

Startup         8081    8082
ShutDown        8007    8008

APJ     8009    8010
TCP Listener    4001    4002
tcpListenAddress        auto    auto
jvmRoute        node01  node02

Delpoyment of a war file on TOMCAT5523_I  displays in console as

 >>  INFO: Starting clustering manager at /DATAGRID
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAll
ClusterSessions
WARNING: Manager [/DATAGRID], requesting session state from
org.apache.catalina.
cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp://10.10.16.63:4002,catalina,10.10.16.63,4002,
aliv
e=17593]. This operation will timeout if no session state has been
received with
in 60 seconds.
Apr 29, 2008 10:18:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager waitFo
rSendAllSessions
SEVERE: Manager [/DATAGRID]: No session state send at 4/29/08 10:17 AM
received,
 timing out after 60,109 ms.

TOMCAT5523_II displays on console as

 >>INFO: Replication member
added:org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp
://10.10.16.63:4001,catalina,10.10.16.63,4001, alive=16]
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListe
ner messageReceived
SEVERE: Context manager doesn't exist:/DATAGRID

Am i missing something while clustering....

with regards
Karthik

karthikn wrote:

Hi

I have few Questions which i was not able to get TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
and form.

a) Clustering

    1) Do we need to deploy the war files  on each individual Tomcat
    when joined the clustering.
      >> "deploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
    distribute  the deployments across the entire cluster".

        This does not seems to work, after following the steps for 2
    Tomcats (or am i missing some thing in here.)

    2) Is this a must do configuration

         >>" Make sure that all nodes have the same time and sync with
    NTP service! "

       for the clusters to start functioning.

b) Load balancing

         1) Using  "Using the balancer webapp" , redirects to different
URL's is done,
          Can we use the same to redirect to  the clustered TOMCATs to
do the load
            balancing  internally based on

      RoundRobinRule,
      RandomRedirectRule

 Any URL or blog (other then "cluster-howto.html")
 which explains the clustering /load balancing in simple steps would be
of wery much help to us.

Prerequisite : TOMCAT 5.5.23 (already in production ,we cannot change
this version) 2 nos
JSDK          : 1.6
O/s            : UNIX 11

with regards
Karthik

.

IMPORTANT NOTICE !
This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive
privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please
immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.
Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and outgoing
E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management practices
and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and attachments you receive
for the presence of viruses. The sender and Agrium accept no liability for any
damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.

.

.