Hi

Sorry for delay and Thx for the reply

>>I'm certainly confused as to why you would run two Tomcats on the same
JVM. First of all, how did you do that? Are you using Tomcat embedded or something?

Yes I have 2 TOMCAT individual  running on same Windows2000
Machine sharing the same JVM with Startup / Shutdown Ports,but not embedded.

Would this setup be not configurable to be cluster ...?

>>You need some type of load balancer out in front of the two instances to make the cluster useful.

To test  clustering setup , do i need a Load balancer ...?

>> You continually say "it is not working" but you never describe what is happening.

I have the cluster setup as said in the
"http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html";

And since some body on this form replied
"deploy/undeploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
     distribute  the deployments/undeploy across the entire cluster".
     with  <distributable/> in web.xml

The O/p of these 2 tomcats is as given below

Delpoyment of a war file on TOMCAT5523_I  displays in console as

INFO: Starting clustering manager at /DATAGRID
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAll
ClusterSessions
WARNING: Manager [/DATAGRID], requesting session state from
org.apache.catalina.
cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp://10.10.16.63:4002,catalina,10.10.16.63,4002,
aliv e=17593]. This operation will timeout if no session state has been
received with
in 60 seconds.
Apr 29, 2008 10:18:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager waitFo
rSendAllSessions
SEVERE: Manager [/DATAGRID]: No session state send at 4/29/08 10:17 AM
received,
 timing out after 60,109 ms.

TOMCAT5523_II displays on console as

>>INFO: Replication member
added:org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp
://10.10.16.63:4001,catalina,10.10.16.63,4001, alive=16]
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListe
ner messageReceived
SEVERE: Context manager doesn't exist:/DATAGRID

with regards
Karthik