Luis Villa wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to add redirect rules to the tomcat connector. I've been reading
Tomcat connector documentation, and what I've done till the moment is this:

1.- I've created a rewrite_rules.properties with this content:

      /myapplication/=/MyApplication/
      /MYAPPLICATION/=/MyApplication/
      /MYAP/=/MyApplication/

2.- I've added this to isapi_redirect.properties:

       # Full path to the rewrite_rules.properties file

rewrite_rule_file=c:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\conf\rewrite_rules.properties

... but it only works with /MyApplication/ (the name in webapps in tomcat).
Any other form (myapplication, MYAPPLICATION or MYAP) returns a 404 error.

Hi.
It might be a good idea to provide a bit of detail about your configuration, it would help the people trying to help you. One can kind of guess from the above that you are running under Windows, with Tomcat 6.0.14, and are using an isapi connector, thus from IIS or the like, but it requires some effort.

I don't really know that precise environment, but I'll take a pot-shot anyway : is it not that your rewrite rules are being run too late, and they never see requests with /myapplication/, /MYAPPLICATION/ or /MYAP/ ? Presumably, before they get to the isapi connector, requests go to the front-end HTTPD server. If that one does not know that it should redirect /myapplication/, /MYAPPLICATION/ or /MYAP/ to the connector, then the connector never gets to see them. Instead, the HTTPD server will try to serve those requests itself, and since it doesn't have those documents, respond with 404.
Does the 404 error page look like a Tomcat page, or else ?

André