Luis Villa wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to add redirect rules to the tomcat connector. I've been reading
Tomcat connector documentation, and what I've done till the moment is this:

1.- I've created a rewrite_rules.properties with this content:

      /myapplication/=/MyApplication/
      /MYAPPLICATION/=/MyApplication/
      /MYAP/=/MyApplication/

2.- I've added this to isapi_redirect.properties:

       # Full path to the rewrite_rules.properties file

rewrite_rule_file=c:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\conf\rewrite_rules.properties

... but it only works with /MyApplication/ (the name in webapps in tomcat).
Any other form (myapplication, MYAPPLICATION or MYAP) returns a 404 error.

Does somebody what I'm doing wrong?

Set you redirector log level to debug and try once.

During startup, you should see

    Using rewrite rule file YOURRULESFILE

in the log file, and later

    Loaded rewrite rule file YOURRULESFILE

Between those two, you should also see lines indicating, that the contents of the file got parsed.

If a rule matches a request, you should also see a log line in the redirector log file of the form:

    rewriten URI [OLDURL]->[NEWURL]

(the typo "rewriten" instead of "rewritten" has only been corrected in the latest release 1.2.26, before it is written as above).

Regards,

Rainer