Nikhil schrieb:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

What do you expect to be the value of the 'REMOTE_USER' variable? Do you
expoect something else, than what you get from request.getRemoteUser()? What
do you mean by variable? Maybe an httpd environment Variable?

Precisely. I also need the httpd environment variable REMOTE_USER  also
passed to the tomcat .... I have this in my httpd.conf ... and I am reading
all the environment variables(apart from the headers) in the jsp but have
these values set to null... am I missing anything specific with these
directives?

  SetHandler jakarta-servlet
  RequestHeader set X_REMOTE_USER %{RU}e
  SetEnv SET_REMOTE_USER %{REMOTE_USER}e
  JkEnvVar JK_REMOTE_USER %{remoteUser}e

To repeat two of my questions:

What do you expect to be the value of the 'REMOTE_USER' variable?

Do you expect something else, than what you get from request.getRemoteUser()?

After I understand that, we can find an appropriate solution.

Regards,

Rainer