On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Thanks Rainer.  If I want to explicitly pass an environment variable from
>> the httpd to the tomcat, I am using the RequestHeader, JkEnvVar, Setenv
>> but
>> unable to have them as it is passed in the tomcat... how do I go about
>> that?
>> While I am completely convinced to use getRemoteUser() method only for
>> getting the authenticated principal...
>>

> If you've already set a value in some variable "xxx", then you configure
>
> JkEnvVar xxx
>
> On the Tomcat side, you retrieve the value by request.getAttribute("xxx");
>

> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Thanks Rainer.

  SetHandler jakarta-servlet
  SetEnv JK_WORKER_NAME my-tomcat
  JkEnvVar REMOTE_USER

This is working now... I am able to read the REMOTE_USER variable via
getAttribute method.
I was blindly using two arguments to JkEnvVar earlier.

Thanks a lot for all the patience and help!. :-)

Regards, Nikhil