Thanks for the advice, but it seems like only the application/context of the
defaultHost is used. (If i change the default host to .de, i only get the
German site - even for the .com domain) I tried it with an empty and a 'non
empty' context path in the applications context.xml file.
An other thing i've noticed is that my ServletContextListener is now called
twice. Is this the intended behavior?

I've done the following steps:
1.  created two virtual hosts in server.xml
2.  Set the defaultHost to one of the new virtual hosts.
3.  created the appBase directories for the virtual servers as well as the
appBase/ROOT dirctory.
4.  copied the appropriate .html files in each ROOT directory.
5.  Verified file/directory permissions.
6.  Copied the war file into the appBase directories and restarted tomcat.
I am certain i missed something, please let me know if you have any ideas what.

Thanks in advance for your help!