> From: kohanm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> Tomcat 5.5
>
> The webaplication is done now, but my boss asked me to change the name
> of URL webapplication. IF I change the directory name than there are
> many jsp pages with many links  with old name's webapplication.

Now the true problem comes out - the webapp name is hardcoded within the
webapp; that's extremely bad practice.  I assume fixing those won't be an easy
task.

In this case, you're stuck with needing to deploy the webapp in the directory
corresponding to the old name; there's no way around that.  You can write a
filter or valve in Tomcat that forwards or redirects all requests for the new
name to the old one.  You should also be able to do that with mod_jk
directives, but someone else will have to help with that.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.