Hassan Schroeder wrote:

Thanks, Hassan.
At least now, I know that it's not going to be dead easy, apart from the last case.

Does anyone else have a devious idea to achieve this without rewriting Tomcat ?

What about if I turn the question around :

Suppose that in the servlet's web.xml I had only filter A filtering servlet X. Would it be possible for filter A to insert another filter B (and its parameters) to filter the request before the servlet sees it ?

(Still assuming I do not have the source of filter B of course)

André