André Warnier wrote:
Thanks, a lot.
[etc..]
I have one more question, if you would be so kind and if it is not too heavy to handle here (and at the risk of sounding very "amateur") :

In the standard condiguration, the JCIFS filter comes as a jar, which gets placed in the WEB-INF/lib sub-dir of the webapp.
If I need to "build it into" my owen filter, how do I do that ?
Do I unpack the jar first when and where I compile my own filter, so that the classes are available then ?

I compile my filter right now with a very basic method, using a command-file (under Windows) like :

echo on
set JAVA_HOME=c:\java1.5
javac -classpath %CLASSPATH%;C:\java1.5\lib\tools.jar;C:\java1.5\jre1.5\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Tomcat5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Tomcat5\common\lib\commons-el.jar %1

Do I just add the jar in question to the classpath above ?

André

Shows what I know about Java and servlets, right ?
It works though.