----- Original Message ----- From: "welcome.partha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:47 AM
Subject: Regarding Service Unavailable

i run my web application after started my apache-tomcat server,it displayed
service unavailable.If i refreshed it its run successfully.Actually
sometimes its working initially ,sometimes i give refresh then only its run
successfully.

That message you getting in your browser sounds like its a custom message and not a browser error..

I think you have two webapps that depend on each other... guessing here

webapps dont start, when tomcat starts, they start only when called the first time...

So if one is called, and the other one is still sleeping... you get your error...
but now the other one has woken up, and so the second time ... all is good.

To make them wake up... try this...

add this to the one that should be awake first

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

add this to the one that you calling...

<load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>

you stick it in web.xml..