Am having the Apache Harmony JRE.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What JRE / JDK are you using with Tomcat 6.0.13?

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Kumar J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:16 pm
Subject: Re: How to make to Apache-Tomcat 6.0.13 to support all of SSLv2/SSLv3 and TLS protocols

I tried changing the "sslProtocol" attribute in conf/server.xml to "SSL"
and but Tomcat couldn't start.

Observed the following error in catalina.out:

--------------------------------------

Aug 29, 2008 3:10:18 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint

Throwable occurred: java.io.IOException: SSLContext SSL implementation

not found

      at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.init(JSSESocketFactory.
java:394)

      at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.createSocket(JSSESocket
Factory.java:125)

      at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:496)

      at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:177)

      at

org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1059)

      at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:
677)

      at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:79
2)

      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:518)

      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:538)

       at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)

       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:260)

       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:412)

--------------------------------------

Another question is that how do I make Tomcat to recognize both
SSLv2/SSLv3/TLS1.0 messages for secured communication. Since some
browsers like Firefox3.0.1 use SSLv2 for initial SSL handshake phase.
Tomcat doesn't seems to recognize SSLv2 messages and errors out with the
following message:

Aug 29, 2008 2:52:52 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor run

SEVERE: Socket accept failed

Throwable occurred: java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake error

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: INTERNAL ERROR

      at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocket
Factory.java:150)

      at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:657)

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Suresh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I tried changing the "sslProtocol" attribute in the "Connector"
element

in conf/server.xml file and when the Tomcat couldn't start.
Observed
the

following error in catalina.out:

what value did you specify for sslProtocol. I tried using SSL and it
worked.