no, I wanted to use an opensource JRE in this case.

The issue I was trying to put forward is that Tomcat 6.0.13 errors out with the following error when the FireFox3.0.1 browser tries to send a 'SSLv2 Record Layer - Client Hello' message.
Aug 29, 2008 2:52:52 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor run
SEVERE: Socket accept failed
Throwable occurred: java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake error
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: INTERNAL ERROR
      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocket Factory.java:150)
      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:657)

But the same Tomcat 6.0.13 server is able to successfully handle the 'SSLv2 Record Layer - Client Hello' message coming from the IE6.0 browser. There doesn't seem to be any difference in message format of the 'SSLv2 Record Layer' sent by FF and IE browsers.

Any help in narrowing down the issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Suresh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Then it's most likely an issue with harmony JRE (I think it doesn't provide an SSLContext implementation that you are looking for i.e. SSL).

Have you tried Sun JRE??