Hello,

I am running suse linux, java version "1.6.0_06", tomcat 6.0.16 and I have the Listener for user directories configured so I can access webapps at eg: localhost/~myUserName. All was working great until I tried to configure a jdbc data source in my public_html/META-INF directory....

In the tomcat documentation regarding this feature at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#User%20Web%20Applications it says:

   * Each user web application will be deployed with characteristics
     established by any DefaultContext
     <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/defaultcontext.html>
     element you have configured for this Host

My question is this: Does this mean TC will not read a context.xml placed at /home/myUserName/public_html/META-INF/context.xml? I have a jdbc data source configured but I cannot get it to work from the context.xml file located in my public_html. It does work when I put the Resource in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml.
Thanks in advance for any help!
-Tim