Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand, I was thinking my user's application IS public_html, are you saying i have to make a directory called something like

/home/myUserName/public_html/ROOT and move everything into there? I put my WEB-INF and META-INF directly in my public_html and things in the WEB-INF are getting picked up by TC (like my public_html/WEB-INF/web.xml and my public_html/WEB-INF/classes, and public_html/WEB-INF/lib, etc ) but the context file in public_html/META-INF/context.xml seems like it is not being read by TC)

I have treated my public_html as though it lived in

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/public_html

where $CATALINA_HOME/webapps is my appbase. (I have other apps running from there and they seem to work as expected)

Is this not correct?

Other path/config info:

My CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16

and my appbase=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps, and I have some apps in there that are all working fine. (with META-INF/context.xml's and jdbc working properly)

In the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml I have the Listener

       <Listener   className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
                    directoryName="public_html"
                    homeBase="/home"
userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase" />

set up.

Thanks again - this list is very helpful!
-Tim

Paul Pepper wrote:
Tim,

The META-INF/context.xml should be placed within your application's
docBase. I suspect that is likely to be ~/public_html/myapp/META-INF,
where ~/public_html/ is the appBase for the localhost (as you've
described it) and ~/public_html/myapp is the docBase of your
application.

Paul.