Then one last thing before I put this in my little black book of things I'm never going to do... and forget about it forever ;)

This is what windows does....

If the machine is on US English...

Regardless of the local I set... German, English, Japanese I set.... in Java the charset is always

windows-1252... which is basically ISO with differences...

But if I switch the machine back to Japanese... then its

windows-32j

So.... thats what you injecting into your web pages... when using Java locale functions... in a web page... Maybe thats what a person wants and in a company, using these local functions and every user is on Windows... it may just work
... thats actually scary...

Nice question....
The only real POJO Application Server.