You could use ant to automate it. I've tried deploying from eclipse to tomcat
briefly. It seemed alright as well. Don't know too much about the quirks since
I delopy to JBoss primarily.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bai Shen
Sent:  17/09/2008 05:59:08
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject:  How do you have your dev environment setup?

I've been doing a lot of webapp development on tomcat, but currently my
process is all manual.  I write the code in Eclipse, and then copy the
appropriate files over to tomcat.  I'd like to automate and standardize my
process.

So would y'all mind explaining how your dev environment is configured?  I'd
appreciate the insight.  TIA.