----- Original Message ----- From: Johnny Kewl
To: Tomcat Users List
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: URLEncoding of "\" Character

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Onnen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: URLEncoding of "\" Character

Verified on 6.0.16 and 6.0.18, 2.6.24 Linux kernel, JVM 1.6.0_10-beta. When I attempt to encode a "\" character into a url resulting in a %5C in the URL
on the wire, I'm seeing a 400 from the server and none of my code is hit.
I've tried URLEncoding="UTF-8" on the connector with no luck. Same URL
serves fine on Jetty6. Other encoded, non-URL safe chars seem to work fine.

A sample of the URL on the wire looks like:

GET /people/s%5Clash

I'm hoping someone can tell me I've encoded the URL wrong and that Tomcat is
doing the correct thing. Anybody seen similar issues?

Would help if I said something in the first post hey ;)

Not sure what you up to exactly but
%5C  is right for \
but \
I thing is probably an illegal servlet or file name, so it cant work

If its part of a query... then its because you missing the ?
eg:

GET /path/script.cgi?field1=value1&field2=value%5C2 HTTP/1.0

... I think
The only real POJO Application Server.