----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: URLEncoding of "\" Character

Johnny Kewl wrote:
Would help if I said something in the first post hey ;)

Not sure what you up to exactly but
%5C  is right for \
but \
I thing is probably an illegal servlet or file name, so it cant work

On what basis? The OPs request is completely legal.

Mark

GET /people/s%5Clash

Just looked odd to me

GET /people/s\lash

You right... but I cant think of a reason to write it like that in the first place

Why are you writing it like this?

Like a windows path getting mixed with a url... and then why encode it?

Doesnt seem strange to you?

Ok... works I guess ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.