Guys,
           I am facing problem in running Jconsole remotely . In my
machine from where I am running Jconsole I have jdk1.6...I am trying to
connect to TOmcat6.0.18 running on a windows 2003 server machine(with JDK
1,5) ...I have a batch file with the following contents : When I execute
the batch file Tomcat is starting okay. But when I am trying to run
Jconsole to connect to the Tomcat , I am always getting a "connection
refused " error. I think I have set up the parameters correctly here ?
Apart from this all the .bat files that comses bundled with Tomcat6.0.18
are kept same.  I can ping the server from my machine without any problem
.

set path=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin
set JAVA_HOME=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_05
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=4444
SET CATALINA_HOME=E:\AppServer\tomcat\tomcat6.0.18
CD bin
startup

BTW there is no problem in connecting locally ...But I don't want that
because I want to monitor TOmcat while a load test is on . So resources
should be used sparingly in  the server .

Please suggest the way to generate any extra debug info that I can get to
see why this connection refused error is happening .

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]