Have a look at this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/r4lwb4ipa6ssaawy

The second port is probably blocked by a firewall.
>> I am not a system guy and have no idea about firewalls..It is a default
Windows 2003 Server set up .So I am assuming that whatever is there is
there by default and no further tweaking to the server was done . So do
you think the default configuration can block the dynamically alloted port
?

The Listener I refer to is now in svn. See:
So how woud I make it to work with the existing  tomcat 6.0.18 ?  How long
would I have to wait to get it out of the box ( ie 6.0.19+)?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/30/2008 04:34 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: problem in running Jconsole remotely --"Connection refused"

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Guys,
>            I am facing problem in running Jconsole remotely . In my
> machine from where I am running Jconsole I have jdk1.6...I am trying to
> connect to TOmcat6.0.18 running on a windows 2003 server machine(with
JDK
> 1,5) ...I have a batch file with the following contents : When I execute

> the batch file Tomcat is starting okay. But when I am trying to run
> Jconsole to connect to the Tomcat , I am always getting a "connection
> refused " error. I think I have set up the parameters correctly here ?
> Apart from this all the .bat files that comses bundled with Tomcat6.0.18

> are kept same.  I can ping the server from my machine without any
problem
> .
>
> set path=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin
> set JAVA_HOME=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_05
> set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
> set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=4444
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
> SET CATALINA_HOME=E:\AppServer\tomcat\tomcat6.0.18
> CD bin
> startup
>
> BTW there is no problem in connecting locally ...But I don't want that
> because I want to monitor TOmcat while a load test is on . So resources
> should be used sparingly in  the server .
>
> Please suggest the way to generate any extra debug info that I can get
> see why this connection refused error is happening .

Have a look at this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/r4lwb4ipa6ssaawy

The second port is probably blocked by a firewall.

The Listener I refer to is now in svn. See:

Mark