> From: André Warnier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: application deployment issue, Tomcat 5.5
>
> I am still a bit puzzled by the sequence of events below though.
> First it writes that the WAR file is invalid or unreadable, then 10
> seconds later it mentions a logging properties permission problem.

Obviously, Tomcat is running at faster-than-light speed, so cause and effect
are no longer ordered...

Seriously, I've never figured out why log entries sometimes seem to be
displayed non-sequentially and occasionally with significant time gaps between
ones that must have occurred nearly simultaneously.

> Another funny bit is that it mentions the permissions problem
> with a file WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties, which in fact
> is not in the WAR file.

Even if it's not there, JULI has to check for it, in case it contains settings
that override the global ones.

Good catch on finding the real cause.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.