You can build it on windows, since ant for windows can be downloaded the
same as for any other platform it is available for
the fact tomcat was installed as a service has no impact on what can and
can't be loaded inside tomcat
since tomcat loads it's configuration file on startup and has all libraies
in its classpath avaiable to it.
the rest can be found on the tomcat website about logging (which yoiu
clearly already found)

Perhaps you got a specific error during building.
If so, what was it and what steps did you take (before,during,after)

Regards,

Serge Fonville

  • Re: Hisham Farahat
    • Re: Serge Fonville