From: Ronald Klop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 2:54 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: Nishi Kant
Subject: Re: Tomcat Performance

2 Instances don't compete for locking between threads. So possibly your
application depends a lot on locking?

Ronald.

Op maandag, 10 november 2008 om 7:26 uur schreef Tomcat Users List

Subject: Tomcat Performance      Date: Mon Nov 10 07:26:21 CET 2008
From: Nishi Kant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Hi All,

        I'm trying to optimize the performance of my server, which is
deployed
        in a cluster environment using Apache Load balancer and Tomcat
        container. mod_jk is used to communicate between load balancer
and
        tomcat container.  Apache is configured to use worker MPM mode.
I have
        done various tests to find optimized tomcat, apache and Linux
        configuration for my application. Following are the machines I'm
using
        for this load test.

        Machines configurations

        ------------------------------------

        Apache Load balancer::  2.8 GHz Dual Core , 4GB RAM

        Tomcat ::                      2.66 GHz 2 CUP, Dual Core, 6 GB
RAM

        There is an interesting observation when I alter my
configuration to run
        multiple tomcat instances on same machine. My throughput
increases to 2
        times the original throughput if I run 2 instance of tomcat
instead of
        single tomcat instance. I'm trying to understand this behavior
as I'm
        not very keen in running multiple tomcat instances on same
machines.

        Thanks,

        Nishi