As Gilda Radner would say NEVER MIND! I had some absolute paths in my hrefs instead of relative paths. Shame on me!
-d

David.Meldrum wrote:
I am deploying my tomcat server behind a router. I have the router port forwarding working and I can hit the top index.html page fine. My problem is that when I try to redirect to a JSP's or html page. Tomcat changes the url address from the original which was really the routers name to the localhost's name, which will not work from outside the LAN.

Example:
router name:             MyName.org
Tomcat host name:  Server

So from the outside a URL like http://MyName.org:8080/ goes thru the router and lands on Server:8080 as it should and things work fine. Now within the application there is a redirect to: /project/MyJSP. Tomcat rewrite this as: http://Server:8080/project/MyJSP, but it needs to be: http://MyName.org:8080/project/MyJsp. In other words Tomcat is changing the URL to be the name of the server (as defined by the OS), not the original URL.

My server.xml contains:
 <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="MyName.org">
    and
 <host name="MyName.org"  appbase=webapps"
</host>

Any ideas where I am going wrong?
-d