The thing is this servlet is not present at all.
It is wrongly being referenced web.xml.
The original point of my question was just that..
When I configure host name as localhost ( which is by default ) , tomcat
doesnt throw error saying this class is not found.
But When I change the host name to soemthing else ( for eg , an IP address
that is referenced by DNS , ) tomcat throws the error about the class not
being found.
So, my questions was what is the difference between host name as localhost
and host name as something else , that makes tomcat recognise this class as
not being present

Thanks,
Anand