I extremely sorry for not being able to clarify to you.
There is definitely a reference to the Log4jInitialiserservlet in my web.xml
( pasted above ).
The servlet is missing in my jars/wars. . So i expect tomcat to throw error
when it starts
When tomcat starts with host name = "localhost", it does NOT throw any error
about missing class file.
But when i start with the host name = "blahblah" it throws the error.

The question is why did not throw in the first case and why did it throw in
the second. ?

Thanks,
Anand