> From: Dennis Thrysøe [mailto:d...@geysirit.dk]
> However, when such HTML files are added or modified to the webapp
> (exploded directory) it takes something like 5 or 10 seconds before
> they can be served by tomcat.

A wild stab in the dark based on something that happened to me...

How are you adding the files to the webapp?  In particular, are you referencing
the folder via a network file system, and if so is there any clock skew between
the server and the machine from which you're adding the files?  This can cause
odd timestamps on the new files, which may in turn lead to some applications
not using them correctly if the timestamps are "in the future" as far as the
server's concerned.

If you're adding the files on the same machine, this doesn't apply and I'll
crawl back under my rock ;-).

                - Peter