br1 wrote:

My suggestion to the developers here, could you please intercept the error
and maybe return a "413 Request Entity Too Large" message?
This is what happens for instance with Ionics rewrite (see 31 october 2008
release,
http://www.codeplex.com/IIRF/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx)

This is a good suggestion.

Also note that, as I already wrote, in this case the JK connector breaks ALL
requests whose URL+query string exceeds the max URL length value, not just
the ones being AJP redirected to Tomcat.

What we can do is make that configurable, cause there is no API
in IIS from which we could obtain that (well without going
to querying the metadatabase)

I'd suggest you file an enhancement request in bugzilla
so it doesn't get lost.

Regards
--
^(TM)