> From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:mil...@gmx.de]
> Subject: Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError in Windows Service (tomcat6w/5w.exe)
>
> -Djava.library.path=C:\Server;C:\src\BerkeleyDbXml\dbxml-2.4.1
> 6\bin\debug;...

Is *src* really the right place to find the DLLs?

I realize it's long, but can you post the full string?

> Where you see ... I can see what looks like the value of my
> PATH.

Can you post the full version of that as well?

> Plus, in my case, "C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin". Shouldn't matter, as this
> doesn't exist.

Yes, I now realize I get that too, when Tomcat is run as a service (I don't
have such a directory either).  I presume the tomcat6.exe launcher adds it for
prehistoric reasons.

> So I guess there is something wrong with Tomcat here.

I can't see how, unless there's something really odd going on with the
classloader hierarchy.  Can you post the full stack trace of the
UnsatisfiedLinkError?  I wonder if there's a custom classloader that's getting
in the way, since I don't have any problems with Tomcat's set of classloaders
accessing native libraries specified by the java.library.path setting.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.