Like the example in the book, I created a file called "proxy-balancer.conf"
and put it in the "conf.d" directory. Here is what the file looks like (I
retyped it so there may be mistakes):

<IfModule !proxy_module>
</IfModule>

# <IfModule !proxy_ajp_module>
# LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
# </IfModule>

<IfModule !proxy_http_module>
</IfModule>

<IfModule !proxy_balancer_module>
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
</IfModule>

<IfModule !status_module>
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
</IfModule>

<IfModule !proxy_balancer_module>
ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy balancer://tccluster>
BalancerMember http://192.168.1.101:8080 loadfactor=1 max=150 smax=145
BalancerMember http://192.168.1.102:8080 loadfactor=1 max=150 smax=145
BalancerMember http://192.168.1.103:8080 loadfactor=1 max=150 smax=145
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

<Location /balancer-manager>
SetHandler balancer-manager
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Location>

<Location /my-webapp>
ProxyPass balancer://tccluster/my-webapp stickysession-jsessionid
ProxyPassReverse balancer://tccluster/my-webapp
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Location>

<Location /examples>
ProxyPass balancer://tccluster/examples stickysession-jsessionid
ProxyPassReverse balancer://tccluster/examples
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Location>

</IfModule>