From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [devli...@hanik.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Need Hellp With Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 Cluster Problem

hi Brian,
your stickysession attribute is wrong, it should look like

|stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid

then you must set jvmRoute in server.xml (<Engine name="xxx"
jvmRoute="tc1") the jvmRoute has to be unique across the tc nodes.
stickyness will only apply to request that have sessions

remove smax/max, better to use the defaults

I would also set the property disablereuse to On if it is supported in
your httpd version, right now it may try to use a connection that is
dead, and it seems its not trying another node, there may be some other
attributes that can help with that too

documentation is here
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

Filip