> From: Sriganesh Ananth [mailto:sriganesh.anant...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat migration 4.1.3 to 5.5.23: Tomcat5.5 searching servlet
> file in file system and reporting 404 error rather mapping in web.xml
>
> The issue is Tomcat 5.5.x looks for a servlet file under server's
> physical file system and reporting HTTP 404 error rather than going to
> the servlet mapping in web.xml.

Post your server.xml file and the file containing the <Context> element for
your webapp.  If you made the mistake of blindly copying your 4.1 server.xml
file to 5.5, throw away what you did and start over.  There are numerous
syntactic and semantic changes in 5.5 that are best handled by modifying the
default 5.5 server.xml file to suit your requirements rather than trying to
modify a 4.1 server.xml file to work with 5.5.

I suspect you have an invalid <Host> and <Context> combination, but only if you
post that can we tell for sure.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.