André,

On 4/24/2009 3:27 AM, André Warnier wrote:
> Sriganesh Ananth wrote:
> What also still smells fishy is the line
>> Alias /test /var/www/testapp/
>
> Why is it there ? What does it achieve, that the following 2 lines do not ?
>> JkMount /*.do ajp13
>> JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

Static content?

> I have a much longer and detailed explanation of my above comments ready
> for you if you are interested, but if your purpose was simply to get
> this running on some test system, then it may not be worth it.
> But at least read this
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html
> (the section entitled "Configuring Apache to serve static web
> application files")

My preferred Apache httpd configuration is something like this:

  Alias /contextName /path/to/webapp/root

  JkStripSession On

  JkMount /contextName/*.do myWorker
  JkMount /contextName/*.jsp myWorker

  <Location "/diagnosis">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
    SetEnvIf X-Moz "prefetch" x_moz_prefetch
    Deny from env=x_moz_prefetch

    ErrorDocument 403 /contextName/forbidden.html
    ErrorDocument 404 /contextName/not_found.html
    ErrorDocument 500 /contextName/down.html

    # This one means 'servlet unavailable'
    ErrorDocument 503 /contextName/down.html
  </Location>

  # Directories above this one should already be protected
  # elsewhere. MAKE SURE THEY ARE.
  <Directory "/path/to/webapp/root">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    Options -Indexes

    DirectoryIndex index.html
  </Directory>
  <Directory "/path/to/webapp/root/WEB-INF">
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
  </Directory>
  <Directory "/path/to/webapp/root/META-INF">
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
  </Directory>