They get a 404, or _______?

> It is java based (I think) and they blame it on the SQL server (of
> course) which is an entirely different server.

If I were you I'd install Lambda Probe
  <http://www.lambdaprobe.org/d/index.htm>
and use it to follow DB connection pool and memory usage, etc. at least.

An exhausted connection pool can make it seem like the app has
simply stopped...

> I am looking in the tomcat log files from days past.
> But I'm not sure which log files contain the errors I should be looking
> for.
> Is it the catalina files or the stderr files?

Depends on how logging is set up, which is pretty flexible. Do tail -f
on all of the ones with current timestamps and wait for the app to go
to sleep again :-)

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com