Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
Subject: Re: Performance with many small requests

if I use tomcat5w.exe to take a thread dump, where does it
leave the file?

If you can take a thread dump with tomct5w.exe, please let us know how, because
I'm certainly not aware of it having such a capability.
If you right-click on the icon in the system try, one of the items says "Thread dump".

The platform-independent method is to use jps to find the process id of the
Tomcat instance, then jstack to create the thread dump.  These tools are part
of the JDK from 1.5 onwards; documentation is on the java.sun.com web site, but
you probably won't need the doc.
Ok, I'll have to install the jdk then; I've only got the jre installed on the server.